Friday, March 12, 2010

Mod Podge Frames

I love making these frames for gifts!

You'll need:
Scrapbooking Paper
Scissors
Distressing Ink (optional)
Mod Podge
Frame
Sealer
Paint, Stain (optional)
Most craft stores carry wooden frames many sizes. These ones are 8x8 and hold a cute size of 3.5x3.5.  I like to stain the edges since I distress the edges of the paper. You'll soon come to learn that I am a huge distressing fan!


While the stain dries, I trace and cut out the paper and distress the edges.


Now paint on a good layer of Mod Podge on to the frame and line up the paper, making sure there aren't any air bubbles and press down. I like to go over it all with a card or something thick to make sure it is pressed down really good. Wrinkles and air bubbles stink and can happen easily in this project if not careful! Now let it dry for 20 minutes. (And if you're like me, during those 20 minutes you're tracking down and cleaning a toddler that decided to do some Mod Podging herself.)


After the drying time, put on a layer of Mod Podge on top, dry again and then use a sealer to prevent it from being 'sticky'.

No comments:

Post a Comment